The Wonder of It All

Random thoughts from a mom in the great Midwest. Working on writing more while chasing 4 kids around the merry-go-round of my life.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Here I am again!

Great day in the morning! What once was lost, now is found!

Yeah, it's been a while. The Tour is long over, along with my hopes of a scandal-free Tour. Ugh. Still miffed about that one. I am still working on my TdF KAL project- you can tell I don't use performance enhancing substances! But I did knit on it for 2 hours last week, and it will be done!

Knitting news- I'm in the third Knitter's CoffeeSwap- yay! Can't wait to see who my partner is this time around. I love, love, love this swap- coffee and yarn- what could be better? I'll answer the swap questions here, in case this blog actually gets read!

SWAP QUESTIONS

Here are the questions:

1. Whole bean or ground? whole bean

2. Fully-loaded or decaf? fully-loaded here!

3. Regular or flavored? either is fine, but I don't care for fruity flavors

4. How do you drink your coffee? sweet with cream

5. Favorite coffee ever? Just Coffee's Bike Fuel blend- it is truly scrumptious!

6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I prefer fair-trade coffee, and don't like Starbuck's at all

7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? I love scones, baked goods, dark chocolate, doughnuts... you name it!

8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? Can't think of any

9. Yarn/fiber you love? soft wools, like merino, some superwash (since I have kiddos), variegated colors, tweeds... it's all pretty good! I love cashmerino, and covet Malabrigo. My LYS has sooo many goodies right now, but I'm trying to use up some stash right now, and it's hard!

10. Yarn/fiber you hate? 100% mohair- I'm allergic, glitzy fun furs, not a huge fan of 100% acrylic, but it has it's place -see kiddos above.

11. What's on your needles? My TdF KAL lace project, finishing up a hat, a washcloth, a small felted bag... soon to try mittens! I'm also planning some ponchos/shoulder wraps for my three girls, and a sweater for my son. Where's the time? Need more time!

12. Favorite colors? Fall colors especially now! Jewel tones, blues/greens... I love variegated yarns, multi-colored yarns, self-striping... I'm not into pastels right now, and tend to only use solids for felting.

13. Allergies? Just to mohair.

14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? I really love a great cup of coffee on a crisp fall morning, I really don't like the Indian summer we've been having, and I can't wait to meet my partner and start shopping!

There- that should cover that!

I'll have to post more later- I have many projects in the works, both knitting and sewing, and need to get cracking on some housework now, since my inlaws are coming for a visit tomorrow! More later!

Till then-G

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Welcome to Knitter's Coffee Swap! Coffee and knitting seem to go together nicely, especially as the cooler weather of autumn and winter finally come. How do you keep up with projects with four kids to knit for?!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home