The Wonder of It All

Random thoughts from a mom in the great Midwest. Working on writing more while chasing 4 kids around the merry-go-round of my life.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Trying this again...

So, the first time was mildly positive. Not many posts, but some nice ones. I'm trying this again. I really want to become a better writer. It seems to come so easily to some; I read many wonderful blogs everyday. I am amazed at the quality of writers I've found. I hope I can write just a fraction as well as those I read all the time. So, here I go again!

The summer is really starting to heat up, as are tempers around here. The girls are at each other constantly. I am counting down the days until school starts again. Oh, to have Soph safely tucked away learning all day, instead of baiting the twins! How long until September again?

We almost have another walker! G-Dub is getting bolder at taking steps. He did a solid 4-5 steps more than once today. It will be so different to have him running after the girls, instead of crawling as fast as his chubby knees allow.

Projects- Well, knitting seems to have fallen by the wayside. I have a half-done washcloth that's languishing in a corner, and so many plans for so much more. I either can forget about my plans, or not sleep again for the next three months. I have window treatments to do, little quilts I want to try, burp cloths for friends' babies to be, winter hats for the kids (that should have been done last winter!), aprons for the girls, trying to sew stuffed creatures, and on and on and on. Blech! If only I didn't get ideas!

The Sweet Man is great. Traveled overseas safely and back again, and out of town next week for a short bit. It'll be nice when his travels are over for a while.

Well, time to test this posting business- I really need to get back into it!

Till then- G