The Wonder of It All

Random thoughts from a mom in the great Midwest. Working on writing more while chasing 4 kids around the merry-go-round of my life.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Is this thing still here?

Yeah, so, the blogging thing? Not so easy to do. Doesn't help that it took me until now to figure out how to access the blog after the Google switchover. Yeah, lame. Anyway....

So I'm launching into it again. Kids are good, albeit trapped inside due to the heat. Sweet Man is great. Life is pretty good.

On the knitting front-
I've joined the Tour de France KAL. I'm attempting to capture the King of the Mountains Polka-Dot Jersey. Considering the Tour started on Saturday, and I have yet to knit a stitch... we'll see how it goes. My project for the KAL is Wisp from Knitty. Instead of Kidsilk Haze (I get itchy from mohair!), I'm using Alpaca With a Twist, Fino, in "Twilight". It's my first attempt at lace, so here's hoping I have some success. As for the Tour- the addiction has reared it's ugly head already. I watched the live coverage this morning, saw the replay already, and will most likely catch the expanded coverage tonight. Yeah, it's a sickness.

Other recent knitting-
I made four hats for the Dulaan Project. I used leftover yarn from the kids' winter hats (yep, finished those during the winter!), and yarn from a gift project from the holidays (felted tote bag for my soon to be SIL). They turned out pretty cute! Pictures should be forthcoming soon- my laptop died, and I haven't had a chance to load anything on the replacement yet. But at least I figured out how to post pics on the blog!

Well, now that I've started back on the blog, and have it mostly figured out... I have no excuse to not keep at it. I have so many projects in the works (little felted bags, a tank-top for Soph, more hats, my Wisp) that I need to track them so they don't languish in the UFO bags any longer. I have so many other crafty projects in the works as well- sewing doll blankets, totes, dresses for the girls... and I'm going to learn how to crochet (Sophie wants to learn)- so I have got to have some accountability!

Till then-G

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home