The Wonder of It All

Random thoughts from a mom in the great Midwest. Working on writing more while chasing 4 kids around the merry-go-round of my life.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

More updates and a swap!

Yay! Another finished object to report! I finished Sadie's Sunset hat! It's cute, hopefully warm, and fits!

We're finally through with the sickness, though stomach problems linger on for Sweet man and I. I'm having a scan of my gall bladder tomorrow to rule out gallstones; hopefully it's just side effects from a virus lingering on. Wish me luck!

Sweet man had a great time in California last weekend; it's led to a lot of possibilities for him, and was fun. No fair! He's currently busy with his work; he's an anthropologist, and some of his work focuses on Neanderthals, which has been all over the news in the science world. All I can say is great things ahead for him!

Project updates-
*Sadie's hat- done!

On the needles-
*Lucy's hat- started yesterday, hopefully done over the weekend. I plan on working on it a lot tonight.

*another washcloth, for gift giving. I'm also going to try making a matching soap bag/ sachet.

*Soph's legwarmers- one half done! It'll take a while. My hand cramps up a bit knitting it, but they'll be so warm and dense!

Planned projects-

*a hat for Sophie, to be started as soon as Lucy's is done

*a hat for me!

*felted bags- ideally one for a gift, one for me! and maybe some for the girls with stash yarn

*Fuzzy Feet- this is really tempting me! I'd love to try socks in a large size, felted to hide mistakes. Plus, they'd be warm!

*gift projects- some sewing, possibly some knitted. I need to list out some ideas and time scheduling to see if I can get everything I want to do done on time. I'd like to make some comforters for the girls, bags for the girls, some fleece pillows for gifts, fleece hats for gifts, and some other goodies.

A swap! I'm in a swap for the first time! The Knitter's Coffee Swap! I'm really excited, and can't wait to see who I get! To answer some questions for the swap-


QUESTIONS
1. Whole bean or ground? Whole bean!

2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Preferably fully-loaded, though decaf has it's place.

3. Regular or flavored? Both are good!

4. How do you drink your coffee? Sweet with cream

5. Favorite coffee ever? I really like Kona

6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? Not too fussy! Don't like super acidic dark roasts, though.

7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? I like to make scones and muffins, sometimes cookies go well, chocolate is always welcome!

8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? Not really!

9. What treats do you enjoy with your coffee? See above! Neat mugs are fun, biscotti can be good too.

10. Yarn/fiber you love? I like lots, especially variegated and tweedy/ heathered yarns. Wools are great, but I use acrylics on occasion. I like Manos Del Uruguay, Debbie Bliss, Duchess... all kinds!

11. Yarn/fiber you hate? Not hate, but 100% mohair makes me itch. Don't love funfurs, but other novelties are fun sometimes. Don't care for Lion Brand Homespun.

12. What's on your needles? Hats! And washcloths.

13. Favorite colors? I like most colors, but not black so much. Blues, greens, jewel tones, autumnal colors...

14. Allergies? Nope!

15. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? I really like Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, really don't like super dark roast coffee, and just need a break! Can't wait to see what my partner likes!

Till then- G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home