The Wonder of It All

Random thoughts from a mom in the great Midwest. Working on writing more while chasing 4 kids around the merry-go-round of my life.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Quick update for Team QuickStitch

I'm still chugging on with the peloton! Coverage is so exciting! We've been watching each stage multiple times- and it's just as exciting on the third viewing as the first.

Intermediate Sprint entry-

Here's my knitting project, inspired by the Tour de France-

I've just gotten started, but I should pick up speed coming down the mountain stages. I saw the red, white and blue yarn, and instead of thinking of Old Glory, it immediately gave me the thoughts of Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite and the Tour.



Seems pretty self-explanatory to me!

I chose a market bag to knit with this yarn because it seems like the sort of bag one would use to shop in your local village, buying the freshest produce, and the freshest bread, to make your simple, but rustic ratatouille, enjoying a glass of chardonnay as you cook.

I only regret that I failed to take a picture of the ratatouille I made last night in celebration of the first week of the Tour. It was delicious, served over couscous, and we enjoyed a bottle of Ugni Blanc/Viognier, from the south of France, with our lovely dinner. The kids were skeptical of the meal, even with the Pixar connection. C'est la vie!

More knitting content later!
Till then-
G

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Portlandia said...

Love the bag...it is going to be great. In my stash that very same yarn is destined for dishcloths. I am glad it has a higher Tour purpose for you.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

oooh it looks great!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home