The Wonder of It All

Random thoughts from a mom in the great Midwest. Working on writing more while chasing 4 kids around the merry-go-round of my life.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Le Tour, Stage 2

We sure get sucked into the Tour quickly around here. Stage 2, and we've already taken to watching it multiple times a day. The kids are already asking "the bicycle race again?" Um, yeah. We've seen enough SpongeBob for a lifetime- we're watching le Tour.

For the TdF KAL- I'm finishing a UFO for a Ravelry swap, and will count that towards my maillot jaune. Next up- a QuickStep/QuickStitch blue hat- maybe a beret even! And the French Market bag- tres bien!

My favorite riders so far are Thomas Voeckler, whom I've admired since he started trying for the Polka Dot jersey back in Virenque's day. I remember him getting the white jersey then- and now he's going for the King of the Mountains. Way to go Thomas! I also like Thor Hushovd- he sure put on the jets today! Just a great rider to see get a stage win.

I better round up some needles, put the kids to bed, and get some knitting done during the re-broadcast.

Till then-
G

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Funnily enough we have the exact conversation in our house, how the kids got into Spongebob I don't know...Yay for a bit of cycling!
Good luck with the knitting!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home